There are three parts to a rubric in the Peer Assessment tool:
- Criteria (circled in red)
- Performance Levels (circled in yellow)
- Performance Level Hints (circled in green)
Each of these parts is highlighted in different colors in the image below:
The criteria list the the standards or objectives students are to be evaluated upon. The following tasks can be performed with criteria:
- Add or remove criteria
By default, two criterion are provided in the blank rubric. Click the Criteria button to add more criteria to the rubric.
- Re-order criteria
Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons (up and down arrows) in the left column which displays the criteria to re-organize the criteria as needed. The scoring for the criterion will also move to the same row.
- Delete a criterion
Delete a criterion by clicking the Delete button (trash can icon) for the row in the rubric.
The performance levels indicate the increments by which students are scored. The following tasks can be performed with performance levels:
- Add or remove performance levels
By default, three performance levels are provided in the blank rubric. Click the Performance Level button to add more performance levels to the rubric.
- Re-order performance levels
Use the Move Left and Move Right buttons (left and right arrows) at the top of the rubric to re-organize the levels as needed. The scoring for the levels will also move to the same column.
- Delete a performance level
Delete a performance level by clicking the Delete button (trash can icon) for the column in the rubric.
Performance Level Hints
The performance level hints section of the rubric is where students are guided on the precise items that must be present in order to achieve that performance level. Selecting a specific cell in the rubric assigns the student being assessed the points listed in the Points field for that cell.
Other Rubric Options
- If the Students are required to add comments for every item in the rubric option is selected, an additional comment field will be added to each criteria for students to add comments.
- If the Add an "Instructor Comments" row to each assessment for additional comments & feedback from faculty option is selected, an additional comment field is displayed to faculty and TAs only and is only visible when viewing the student's assessment summary report.
- If the Add an option for students to upload marked up file feedback option is selected, students will be able to upload a file for each student being assessed as part of their assessment work.