After you have scheduled your LiveTalks and the individual sessions appear on the LiveTalk page in your class website, you (or someone on your instructional team) needs to add the Zoom join link to each LiveTalk session in your class website.
How to Add the Zoom Link to a LiveTalk Session
- Go to the LiveTalk page by clicking Communication then LiveTalk at the top of any page in your class site.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the list of LiveTalks in the class.
- Click Add Zoom Meeting Link for this Session.
- Create a meeting in the Zoom website.
- On the page that appears, paste the invite/join link from Zoom's website into the Zoom Link for this Session box.
- If you want to use the same Zoom link for all sessions in the class, check the Use this link for all LiveTalks in this class checkbox.
- Click Add Zoom Link.
A couple of important notes:
- You need to use a JHU-licensed Zoom account for your LiveTalks. This is critical so that you can record your meeting to the cloud and enable transcription for your LiveTalk.
- The person who creates the meeting in Zoom must physically attend the LiveTalk or delegate someone else on the faculty/TA team to be an alternate host in the meeting setup.