Even though the Peer Assessment tool assigns students to one another per the assessment settings, there may be times you need to manually assign students to one another. You would certainly need to do this if the assessment type is Manually Assigned, but you might also need to do this if students turn in work late and after the main round of assignments has occurred.
How to Manually Assign Students in a Peer Assessment
- Wait until the Peer Assessment is open and available to students. This functionality does not work before that time.
- Click Peer Assessments under Activities and Assignments on the main Faculty Tools page.
- On the main Peer Assessment page, click the Assignment Settings button (gear icon) next to the assessment you want.
- Select Create Assignments Manually from the menu that appears.
- A page appears with all students who are eligible for manual assignment.
- Go down the page, and select the student(s) who each student on the left should assess.
- Click Assign when all manual assignments are complete.